The Tallest Man on Earth (2010) The Wild Hunt

by D. Jacob Ryals

Swedish Americana?!!
I don't play an instrument and do not call my self a musician.  I can carry a tune, and so it is this aspect of a band I listen for.  This is a significantly distinctive voice.  He does have a strong simularity to Dylan, but he still pulls off his own sound and keeps diving deeper into that Americana plains sound that as of a couple of years has become my new favorite genre.  His lyrics are full of story, which is another thing about music and songs that captures my attention and imagination.  The fact that the singer is Swedish doesn't even enter your listening experience because his songs are so relateable, no matter where you might hail.  This is the sound you thought Jakob Dylan was going to come up with before he opened his mouth and dissapointed.  Pick this album up and take a long drive.
Did Dylan ever tour in Sweden?  I think I know where he stayed the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment