the Road (2009)

by D. Jacob Ryals

Planet of the Hobos

This movie is okay.  Not great, and I could definitely see people not liking this movie.  Most movies like this, there is some huge delima that occurs and the whole movie revolves around this delima.  As you watch the father and son travel they narrowly escape what would usually consume the entire plot of the movie.  They kill a scavenger and escape his buddies.  They come across a family of cannibals and escape being eaten.  They find a bank of food, and don't have to defend it.  This movie is more about showing you what complete and utter despair is.  I like the fact it doesn't take the normal turns, though the end result is a little boring.  This is not a movie that takes you on a ride or gives you some kind of experience.  This movie is meant to be thought about and talked aobut afterwards.  I didn't like the ending.  It wrapped up a little too nicely.  Some movies are like that, and I don't mind that.  It really is though like a movie with a planet full of homeless and starving people.  I have heard that the book isn't bad, so I may check it out.

Not for everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment